Wednesday, October 31, 2012

personal HATCHECK

While in Williamsburg, I have found in a vintage store this pair of US made Converse,
very rare indeed!
 I had another paire that I found eight years ago by chance then as well at Paris' flea market.
I grew up wearing Coverse and I was sad when the company decided to change the production for whatever reason.
The beauty of the old ones is about its shape:
smaller toe cover and slightly and thicker inside sole for a real confort.
When New Balance made the decision to bring out again several old models
 manufacturing them in the US and in the UK for the European market to claim the difference with technical features such as a blend of gel inserts, heels counters etc...
their sales grew up despite the higher price.
I do believe Converse should bring back their old manufacturer.
One cannot reach perfection with a way too large production.

Now I can throw my old black Converse in peace!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment